Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thai Vegan

Happy Sunday everybody!  Summer is still in full, glorious swing in Montreal.  In fact, it looks like a September Back-to-School heatwave coming this week.  As beautiful as the weather is though, I'm having evil wishes for an early frost.  This has been THE WORST year for my hay fever / rag week allergies.  Horrid.  I sound like a pack-a-day smoker.  Can't. Wait. For. This. To. End. 

But in keeping with the hot climate theme, last night's vittles were Thai-inspired.
Once again, this was pretty much whipped together and I didn't take note of exactly what was going in with guests and three kids running about.

Noodle dish was to be Pad Thai but then I got lazy and used a package of Taste of Thai Peanut Sauce mixed with coconut milk instead.  Rice noodles, bok choi, bean sprouts, red pepper, tofu, onion, green onions, garlic and cilantro from what I remember.  Chopped peanuts, Thai chili sauce and lime wedges for garnish.
And spring rolls with noodles, grated carrot, bok choi, green onions, mint, cilantro and more peanut sauce.  Well I'm outta here... kiddies await :)