Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chickpea cutlets are da bomb!


Okay, okay, so I’m late to the party.  I wonder how many people have actually blogged these babies from Veganomicon already?  There’s a reason people rave about them.  Yes, in case you were still wondering, they ARE as good as everyone says :)
 Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
I went to town in the kitchen today, for me anyway, knowing that my days of carefree cooking time are likely coming to a close.  I even soaked and cooked the chickpeas from scratch.  No cans were harmed in the making of this meal.

Served with smashed new Quebec potatoes (skin on) and braised local leek, carrots and broccoli.  Topped with a quick gravy of veggie "chicken" broth with a little flour and nutritional yeast.  When only comfort food will do.

1 comment:

Scott in Montreal said...

did I forget to mention how incredibly scrumptious this all was? SEND MORE
- Mr. Vittles